Introduce Otter Vale Products To Your Catering Business
For almost forty years, Otter Vale has gained a reputation for producing quality, award-winning, consistent and safe products, and reliably looking after our customers large and small. We make our own products by hand in two cooking vessels using local produce where possible, and import our Mango Chutney from India. All are gluten-free, and we do not handle nuts on our site. Our products speak for themselves – although our awards and customer reviews don’t hurt either – and lend themselves equally well to use as ingredients and as accompaniments. We are always keen to discuss this aspect with chefs and customers.
We produce catering tubs (2kg for mustards, 2.25kg for all other products) and retail jars in a variety of sizes, including gift options. Given the small batch, hand-made nature of our methods, we can be flexible, so it’s always worth giving us a call to discuss your particular requirements.
What’s different about Otter Vale?
We care about our people, our environment and we hope that this is reflected in what we do and how we do it. We really love our food and the synergy with our suppliers and customers, so we have recently launched a regular blog. Working with these other local businesses, we highlight aspects of welfare, sustainability, consumer choice and food and drink production utilising our family’s diverse backgrounds including food science, dietetics, veterinary science and farming. Of course, it also promotes our partners as well as some of our favourite ways to enjoy our range.
Have Confidence in Otter Vale:
You can be safely assured that our products are made to exacting health & safety standards. We take great pride in ensuring that our premises exceed industry standards and we’ve got the accreditation to prove it:
- SALSA and STS approved (site ID 860)
- Primary Authority Partnership with Trading Standards Devon, Somerset & Torbay
- Regular visits by external food safety consultant, trainer, auditor and SALSA mentor Jerry Diplock of Diplock Safety & Hygiene
- All staff receive regular external training and examination, with ongoing documented and intensive internal training. All hold Royal Society of Public Health certification in Food Safety (Level 2 to Level 4/Advanced) and in HACCP (Level 2 to Level 3). All staff also receive external training and qualifications in manual handling and health and safety.
- Members of Taste of the West
- Members of Food Drink Devon
- Members of Exeters Food and Drink Trail
- Members of #GrowGreen
- Find us on Erudus